What an NYC Subway Cart Looks Like...

Saturday, March 24, 2012








I never realized how difficult it was to find a pair of size 10 nude flats from ALDO in New York City. Or at least that's what it seemed like last Tuesday when I was running around for 3 hours and went to 4 different stores to find the right size and style. The point of this mini story is that on the N train to the 2nd or 3rd store,  I sat across this poster and proceeded to stare at it the rest of the ride to SoHo. I thought about it for a second and it really does look like a typical NYC subway. I've definitely met a person wearing a clown costume at the Times Square Station, and seeing performers in the subway is an everyday occurrence. I won't go down the list of everything drawn on the poster that I've encountered on the subway, but trust me...it's been seen before. The artist, Sophie Blackall, was invited to create the poster for the MTA Arts for Transit Program. For more info on the poster, including how to buy it, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger