Song of the Day: History

Tuesday, March 27, 2012


If you know me well enough, you'll know that when it comes to music, one of the first musician's names that comes out of my mouth is Mos Def (or Blackstar, if we're talking Mos Def & Talib Kweli). Although I've already posted one of his freestyles a little while ago, this song, History, is obviously totally different. Side note, I really don't want to call him Yasiin Bey, but for the record...he changed his name to Yasiin Bey; I never clarified that last time, so there you have it.

I listen to at least 1 song from a Mos Def album every single day, and today's song is off the Grammy nominated album "The Ecstatic" which if you haven't listened to it, you really should. Mos Def is not your typical "rapper" and this album is not your typical "rap album" -- i mean, he sings in Spanish on No Hay Nada Mas. But anywho, this song is pretty much perfection. J Dilla, one of the greatest producers of all time, is a ridiculous genius; thank you Brian for reminding me how much of a genius he actually is. The beat is amazing, Mos Def is amazing, Kweli is amazing.

This song is that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger