NYC International Art Expo (Update!)

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Kal Gajoum's agent and I...and his paintings!
So remember that time I posted about an artist named Kal Gajoum? And made one of his paintings my desktop background because I loved it so much? (I don't expect you to remember that second one because I never said that...I'm saying it now). Well the night I made that post, and after spending an hour or so on his website, not only did I find out he was going to be having his work at an exhibit in NYC but it was going to be at the International Art Expo at Pier 92 along with hundreds of other artists from all over the country. After working things out with my Arts and Entertainment Director for our school fashion and lifestyle magazine, I got the chance to contact Kal's agent to do an interview for the blog! Not my blog, the magazine's blog. I still have to write that post; this post is just so I can keep talking about how amazing it was! Kal wasn't at the expo because (understandably) he is a super busy man, but i did get to meet his agent who was super nice and a very sweet lady. And she was right: his art needs to be seen in person. The man only uses a palette knife for his work and has to do it all in one sitting, i.e sometimes a painting can take up to 40 hours straight to work on. He is actually a genius and I'm still shocked that I got to see it in person. One of my new goals in life? Purchase one of Kal's paintings, obviously a Parisian cityscape. They're perfect.

For more info on the International Art Expo, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger