Amanda Lear in Vogue FR

Thursday, December 27, 2012

"The real face of Amanda. Inspiration of Salvador Dali, fiancée of David Bowie, disco-queen of millions of albums, today the muse of Riccardo Tisci, Amanda Lear defends herself from being an icon. Very much in line with "live" successes, the challenge of the present is bright. Then, what a triumph of the theater, meeting with the Queen Lear".


I could translate this quote too, but I'm in the middle of Season 1 of American Horror Story and feeling a weird mixture of pure intrigue and absolute terror and I can't seem to look away.

So update for the world and a brief intro for this post: Brian got me an iPad mini for Christmas. A freaking iPad mini (from which I am posting this). I obviously lost it, practically almost cried, and kept saying "Oh my God, why?!" because I like being dramatic. While I was playing with my iPad literally all night -- ironically, i pulled my first all-nighter all semester -- I went app-crazy and downloaded at least 30 apps, among them being the Vogue France magazine app.

Hence, where I found this sweet article on and interview with Amanda Lear.
 

I'll be honest though, I've never actually heard of Amanda Lear before reading this article (as well as her wiki page), but from this interview I've learned that she's lived quite a life. Fun fact: her "birth name" is A. Trapp. Whatever that means. From being a muse for multiple artists, to collaborating with Givenchy, to authoring a book, Amanda Lear makes her life sound so unbelievably interesting, her interview makes me realize how unbelievably uninteresting my life actually is. The artwork and photography in this article (or how it looks on the iPad app, not really sure) is amazing and totally makes me appreciate this beautiful Christmas gift, and the fact that I can download and read Vogue France whenever I want makes me appreciate the fact that I can read French. So if you can too, grab a copy/download the app and read the article!

Also, the last line intro to the article alludes to Shakespeare's King Lear. As a Shakespeare nerd, it was unfair to any other article in the magazine. I mean come on, French and Shakespeare? Slight bias? Yes.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger