Song of the Day: Backseat Freestyle

Wednesday, December 19, 2012


In honor of Kendrick Lamar's debut LP good kid m.A.A.d going gold yesterday (&deka^lk%sdf 500k, omg), today's Song of the Day is not only a song from the album, but easily my favorite song on it. I'm almost certain countless people around campus have seen me either mouth the words to the song in a fairly aggressive manner, do a kind of hand & head-moving-combo dance move thing, or an awkward combination of both. Regardless, this song makes me feel like I can just go out and fight someone and win...which is probably not very true. I don't feel the need to go into detail about what the song is about or "what it means" because there's like a million stories all over the internet about it. Listen to it and enjoy it; don't try and pick it apart. I'm sure that's what K Dot would want out of your experience anyways.

Oh, and the ultimate best part about the song its sample. Well, one of its samples. Easily the most random and unsuspecting thing I've ever heard. I usually tell you to just jump to the part of the sample the song comes from, but I highly suggest letting it play through. It makes the experience that much better.



Also, how hysterical is this thumbnail?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger