Everything Man

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I don't, remember the first time I heard Kwe-li
I don't remember what I was doing
There were no remembered witnesses to my doings
But it seems like I've known him, forever
He who has, moved through mornings and midnights
Through, deaths and dawns
To document our bones our blood our lives
Listen, listen to his exact wings
Strumming mists from clouds
Listen, listen a man always punctual with his, mouth
Listen to his, revolution of syllables
Scoping lightning from his pores
Keeping time, with his hurricane beat
Asking us to pick ourselves up and become, THUNDER
--- Talib Kweli, Everything Man 

When I first heard Everything Man, off Kweli's album "Eardrum", I really thought that the intro was a real poem. I still think of it as a real poem. The poem and the song really do belong together, but I thought you guys would appreciate this one...a rap song with a real poem in it? Isn't that unheard of? Rap is supposed to be abou---

Let me stop. Take the poem for what it is and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger