Stop, Forward, Rewind, Play

Friday, June 15, 2012


This is a total throw back and it deserves to be posted. I remember the day Brian told me about this classic performance. It was January of 2010 and I was in the car at a tournament in Miami  due to a mini rain delay. He sent me the link to this video via Facebook and I'm almost certain I watched it7 times that day. Weirdly enough, when I went to the Columbia Preview Weekend (back in the day when I was a pre-frosh), not only did I meet Sciryl at the poetry event at the IRC (home of CUSH), I ran into him at the Times Square subway stop a few months later. I'm a huge fan of his and you should definitely check out his music, Youtube channel, or anywhere that features his stuff because this guy is good. I never got the chance to meet Riva, but she seems like a cool girl. Anyways, this poem easily goes into my top 5 all time favorite Def Poetry performances because it's just so unique and it's something I've never seen before. You'll agree once you watch the video. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger