Miami Heat: 2012 NBA Champions

Tuesday, June 26, 2012



Ok, so this post was inevitable. I am a die-hard Miami Heat fan circa 2000, around the time of the legendaryAlonzo Mourning. To be honest, those are the earliest memories I have of loving the Heat so I won't claim that I was a fan any earlier than that. Probably doesn't matter much though: In 2000, I was in the 2nd grade and I knew as much about basketball as the rules of Knockout or Around the World. Regardless, I clearly remembered screaming at the top of my lungs in the kitchen with my mom back in 2006 when we won the championships for the first time in franchise history when I was watching us destroy the Oklahoma City Thunder on Thursday to win the championships for the second time. The only reason I wasn't screaming like I was 6 years ago was because my roommates were dead asleep and had work the next morning; it had nothing to do with the fact that I am a grown 20 year old woman now...because that is completely irrelevant. The second we won, I called my mom and begged her to send Brian and I NBAChampions t-shirts and any sort of news articles relating to the win. The package should be arriving shortly. Long story short:
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE MIAMI HEAT, NBA 2012 CHAMPIONS!!!

Here are some pics from their celebrations over the past few days, including immediate post game pictures and a video of the parade from today!





 
The Parade!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger