Song of the Day: Stormy Weather

Tuesday, April 10, 2012


Post #100! Dedicated to the late Lena Horne

It may not have counted for anything in terms of my major or the core curriculum, but History of African American Music was one of the best classes I've taken at Columbia. I loved that class and I learned so much from it. One particular song I heard in that class, Stormy Weather by the late Lena Horne, is one of my most favorite songs ever. She had an amazing voice and every time i listen to this song I feel completely at peace. This clip is from the 1943 movie "Stormy Weather" which features other greats such as Katherine Dunham and Cab Calloway and is one of those classic musicals that everyone needs to see. Not surprisingly, this also a great song to listen to on a rainy day -- it's just so appropriate you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger