Song of the Day: Yes I Do

Wednesday, January 11, 2012


I know I've already featured Mr. Bonny's "J. Birly" as the Song of the Day a little while back, but I couldn't pass this one up. Off his EP Closer Love, "Yes I Do" is the perfect combination of soul, jazz, and hip hop and the outcome is one of the smoothest sounds I've heard in a minute. This song has to be the textbook definition of modern soul music, and I love it. The horns, the piano, the rhythm...it's all there. I think I'm obsessing over jazzy type music right now, but wouldn't call it a bad thing. It's a healthy obsession. And to top it all off, he revived a classic 70s sample for the melody. The title? Short and simple: "I Love Music" by Ahmad Jamal (Go to 6:07).

Hold up...Nas, "The World is Yours"? I can appreciate that.
More Music by Miles Bonny on his bandcamp.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these videos! So cool! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great music. Do you like follow each other? I´d be glad. Let me know. Melly ♥

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger