Freestyle Saturday

Saturday, January 21, 2012

(sorry about the size. you can click the video and it will open to YouTube for better viewing.)

Yes, I know what I titled the post; I don't like conformity. I honestly cannot explain why this video have been on my blog yet, but better late than never. If you want to understand what true free-styling talent is PLEASE watch this video immediately. This video answers the question as to why Black Thought is one of my favorite MC’s of all time. According to Youtube, this clip is a part of a 2000 documentary called “Freestyle: The Art of Rhyme”. When you watch this, you’ll understand that this really is an art.  A comment on this page really sums up how I (and probably people like me) feel about this video:
"Now this is true hiphop music with real lyricism and content. A lot of people forget that hiphop is not a music genre alone. Hiphop is a culture consisting of 5 elements: Emceeing, DJing, B-Boying, Producing, and Graffiti. We need to remind the rest of the world what Hiphop truly is." 
No this wasn’t rehearsed. No he didn’t write this down. This is legitimate “Questo just said the word blue...what rhymes with blue...got it...let’s keep it going” free-styling off the top of the head. I need to learn how to do this. Now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger