Song of the Day: Tu Comprends?

Thursday, February 9, 2012


In case you were wondering, "Quelqu'un m'a dit" means "Someone told me" in French. 

I can't believe this is my first post about a song in my mother tongue...weird. Brian, his little sister and I watched 500 days of summer a couple of months ago; I'd seen the movie before and rediscovered it when we all watched together, but I guess that doesn't really explain why I'm posting this song today. My train of thought today about the song went as follows, sort of:

1.  "Yayyy Morgan and Alex (two of my best friends from home) will be here in like 2 weeks!!!!"
2. "Wait. What was that french song Morgan asked me to translate for her senior year?"
3. "Umm, 500 days of summer!...I love that movie."
4. "When did I watch it again?...Winter break?"
5. "Brian definitely downloaded that song from the car scene, I think. I'm finding it and blogging about it.."

So that's pretty much it. I really do love this song, (Carla Bruni's "Quelqu'un m'a dit") although I seem to find a lot of trouble translating the words. It's not so much that she's speaking ridiculously fast to me, but that combined with her mouse-like soft spoken voice makes it kind of difficult. C'est la vie, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger