Gladys Knight and the Pips, Posterized

Thursday, February 16, 2012

I bought this poster back in October in Orlando, when I was visiting Brian at his old college. I still can't believe I found it for 5 bucks. The record store hoarding Gladys was called Rock and Roll Heaven, but I could definitely be wrong about the name honestly. All I know is, the place we went to had a back room that had that same Frankincense kind of smell that an older carpeted Catholic church would have...or at least what my church did have before they renovated it and put in tiles. That decision was probably for the best. I'd like to give Rock and Roll Heaven (air quoted) the benefit of the doubt and assume that this is authentic -- and by authentic I mean a replica of a real -- advertisement of Gladys Knight and the Pips performance back in the day, because lets be honest...this is a sweet poster. This little thing is proof that Orlando really isn't all that horrible. Or at least the downtown area isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger