Song of the Day (Just Because I Really Love You)

Sunday, November 6, 2011


THE INS X MILES BONNY - J.BIRLY via MPMTV on Vimeo.
Video by Robert Winter rwinter.net , mpmsite.com

This song, "J.Birly", is a cover of the Jerry Butler classic "Just Because I Really Love You". For you all J Dilla fans (and for those who don't know who he is), Butler's classic was also used by producer Dilla for the "Luv U" beat on his 2006 "Donuts" album. Jerry Butler was the original lead singer of the Impressions alongside Curtis Mayfield. Personally, this song puts me in a cuddling-on-a-rainy-day mood. Well, more like a belting-out-loud-in-the-car-thinking-I-sound-like-Aretha-Franklin mood. But it'd be totally acceptable; I'd be singing it to Brian as he sat in the passenger seat since he showed me this song in the first place. With that being said, enjoy the song as much as he'd enjoy me singing it...but contain yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger