If I Were in the Native Tongues Music Video

Saturday, November 5, 2011

I would be the little girl in the front. But I think I would be placed somewhere in the back, like in the midst of all the peace and love happenings going on, holding a black power fist but not knowing what it meant. I probably wouldn't be placed front because I wouldn't like being displayed for my uncanny ability of being cute. Not my style. But in all honestly, I would be in this video, because this particular group stands for everything I miss about good music. Do you see how many different artists are in this video right now? Buddy, buddy, buddy all in my face. De la Soul, The Jungle Brothers, Q-Tip of A Tribe Called Quest, Monie Love, and Queen Latifah. Just a bunch of friends rapping over a jazz-influenced sampled beat with good natured-Afrocentric lyrics. What else would a little girl want to be apart of? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger